Mixed-Up Lime Pepper Salsa
- 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, small dice
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- ½ Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Jane’s Mixed-Up Lime Pepper
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except cilantro. Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer twenty minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Refrigerate for at least four hours, preferably overnight. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
It’s easy to modify this basic recipe to your individual tastes. Add fresh lime, a dash of hot sauce, or even black beans!